The Greeter Team consists of a Greeter Director, 1st service Greeters, 2nd service Greeters, and 3rd service Greeters
When a guest steps into our church for the first time, he or she evaluates the atmosphere. They may ask themselves: “Will they accept me? Will it be easy to make friends? Will my spiritual and personal needs be met? Will it be easy to find my way around? Will my family like it here?”
The newcomer will quickly come to some conclusions during the first few minutes. First impressions are often lasting impressions. Consequently, the ministry of the greeters is one of the most important things that happens in any congregation!
Although a greeter’s love should be no stronger than the love found in the rest of the body of Christ, the greeter performs a major role in ensuring that people see and experience that love. In Christ, you have received God’s unconditional love, and, in Christ, you are called to extend that same unconditional love to others. The ministry of greeting is perhaps one of the most crucial in the church because it is one of the most visible. It is a ministry vital to the saving work of the church.
Duties of Greeter:
• Welcomes those entering the building for Sunday services and/or church events.
• The goal is to make each person who enters know that he or she is welcome here, feel as comfortable as possible, and receive what information they might need.
• Opening doors and Greeting our guests
• Giving out bulletins and special event cards
• Assisting visitors in locating bathrooms, coffee, welcome counter, and classrooms
• Being warm and friendly, yet perceptive of each person’s differing comfort levels.
• Politely keep the noise level down in the lobby.
• A happy face and cheerful countenance are essential.
Appropriate Spiritual Gifts:
(20 minutes before to pray, discuss any special instructions, and greet early arrivers. A designated Greeter will remain in the lobby 15 minutes after the assigned service begins to greet late-comers.)
On assigned Sunday mornings, the greeter will arrive no later than
• 8:10 am for the first-service assignment
• 9:40 am for the second-service assignment
• 11:10 am for the third-service assignment