Did you know that a personal invitation to church is one of the most effective ways of reaching the lost? We are all called to be the church, and the church is called to be on mission with God. It is the church’s responsibility to reach the lost and the hurting. We see Easter as an amazing opportunity to do just that. Join us as we reach the lost around our community by sharing with them an opportunity to hear about Christ through our Easter weekend here at Clovis Christian. Inviting someone to church can seem awkward and scary but it doesn’t have to be. We wanted to provide inspirational ideas that can help you with inviting your friends, family, neighbors or even coworkers. Use these resources to reach the lost this Easter.
Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.”
Romans 10:9-13 ESV
Note: Consider who you’re inviting to church, there are different ways of doing it and one way may not work for everyone, for example, you wouldn’t invite your mom to church the same way you would a stranger. Use these resources to give you some ideas and be a part of reaching the lost this Easter. Remember to always invite someone from the heart, it is
Inviting a neighbor, coworker or acquaintance:
- Inviting a neighbor can be scary, especially if you have never made your way over to their house to introduce yourself but they will be honored that you actually thought of them and even if they don’t come, it will still move your relationship forward. A good way to break the ice, is to make a box of goodies to bring over to them.
- Attach one of our Easter cards to the box (You can pick on up in the church office).
- When you drop off the goodies, mention the Easter service that we are having at our church.
- If your neighbors have kids you might even mention how their kids might enjoy our amazing kids program and Easter Egg Hunt
- Share a brief testimony of how the church has made a difference in your life, for example: “Hey Bob, I’m not sure if you have plans for this Sunday, but I have been attending this really cool, relevant church and I’d like to ask you come check it out with us on Easter Sunday. No big deal if you can’t but I was thinking of you”.
Inviting a family member or close friend:
- Inviting a family member or really close friend is a little different, You and these people know each other well. You know each other’s strengths and weaknesses. You know their tendencies, talents, dreams, and motivations. You have shared the good and bad times with each other. These people can tell if you are being yourself or not so when you invite them to do so from your heart. Show them you genuinely care for them and you simply desire for them to experience something that is important to you and will be beneficial for them. An in-person invite is best for someone closer but if that isn’t an option a phone call or personal touch lets them know you’re serious about the invitation.
- Share a brief testimony of how the church has made a difference in your life, this testimony should be heartfelt